Tired of drooling at your screen every time someone whips up something unpronounceably delicious on Masterchef Australia? Shocked at all those burgers HIMYM’s Marshall threw away before finding the Best Burger in NYC? Craving some Hound Fried Chicken? We put together the ultimate list to help you join your favourite TV characters in their obsession with all things fried, roasted and stewed — in your own backyard:
1. Parks and Recreation fans, renew your Pawnee Goddess oath with Leslie-style Waffles and Ron Swanson approved breakfast at BelgYum, Whitefield. As the man rightly said, “There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast food.” Or, fill the Ben Wyatt sized hole in your heart by filling your tummy with some of his fave Calzones, on offer at any of Onesta’s two wonderful outlets. Go on, Treat yo’self!
2. All you faceless Fans of Game of Thrones, instead of biting your nails in nervous anticipation of the next season, chew on some Thrones-inspired food that doesn’t include your son’s toes. If you share the Hound’s (or Lost’s Hurley’s) passion for meat of the clucking kind, head to any of Truffle’s four meating joints. You could also celebrate the dawn of Ramsey’s dog days with Sansa by ordering her beloved lemon cake from innerchef.com. Remember, when you play the Game of Scones, you either win or you dine.
3. Friends fanatics can choose whether or not they want to share their food at this burger joint that owes its appellation to what Joey calls a “cow’s opinion”—The Moo Point at Residency Road. Craving cheesecake so intensely, you’re willing to steal it from old ladies and eat it off the floor? Grab your forks and empathise with Rachel and Chandler at Bliss Chocolate Lounge, Koramangala. So mad for sandwiches, you’d take a bullet for them (or risk losing your job), head to Truffles — their meatball sandwiches couldn’t possibly be scrummier.
4. If you’re mad over Do’hnuts and a certain iconic yellow cartoon family, drop those stale factory-manufactured abominations you’ve been eating and head to Thom’s Bakery in Frazer town that sells real doughnuts. (Yup, the kind Homer would love.)
5. As cookie lovers, we om nom nom-ed our way through our childhood. Some of us developed trust issues after opening boxes of cookies to find sui dhaaga in them. Then we grew up and realised these delicious biscuits can be found anywhere (even on streets not called Sesame.) While folks still dish about the Cookie Monster’s new diet, the Cookie Man at Forum Mall will always remind you what the third letter of the alphabet stands for.
Bangalore is a great place to eat out. But don’t go out sans the Quirk card that offers a flat 25% off on food and drinks at 50 restaurants in the city. Buy it now!
How to Get There:
Where: 2nd Floor, Phoenix Market City, Whitefield, Bangalore
Contact: 080 67266614 | 080 49626614
Timings: All Days 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Cost: ₹400 for two people (VAT & service charges extra)
Where: Indiranagar | Kormangala, 4th Block (Opening Soon – J P Nagar, New BEL Road, Kammanahalli)
Contact: Indiranagar 080 49653087 | Kormangala 080 49653572
Timings: Indiranagar – All Days 12:30 PM to 11 PM | Kormangala – Mon-Fri 12:30 PM to 10 PM, Sat-Sun 12 Noon to 10 PM
Cost: ₹600 for two people
Where: Koramangala 5th Block | New BEL Road | St. Marks Road | Vasavi Complex, St. Marks Road
Contact: Koramangala 5th Block – 080 49652818 | New BEL Road – 080 49652789 | St. Marks Road – 080 49652756 | Vasavi Complex, St. Marks Road – 080 45128776
Cost: ₹900 for two people
The Moo Point
Where: 100 Feet Road, Near Park Avenue Showroom, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Contact: +91 9632268507 | +91 9916255661
Timings: All Days 12 Noon to 3 AM
Cost: ₹500 for two people (Cash Only)
Bliss Chocolate Lounge
Where: Forum Mall, Kormangala | Orion Mall, Malleshwaram
Contact: Forum Mall, Kormangala – 080 49653460 | Orion Mall, Malleshwaram – 080 49653478
Timings: Forum Mall, Kormangala – All Days 11 AM to 10:30 PM | Orion Mall, Malleshwaram – All Days 11 AM to 10:30 PM
Cost: ₹500 for two people
Where: Wheelers Road, Cleveland Town, Frazer Town, Bangalore
Contact: 080 25301860
Timings: All Days 8 AM to 9:30 PM
Cost: ₹200 for two people
Where: Forum Mall, Kormangala | Garuda Mall, Magrath Road | Phoenix Market City Mall, Whitefield | Orion Mall, Malleshwaram | Inorbit Mall, Whitefield | Forum Value Mall, Whitefield | Marathahalli
Cost: ₹150 for two people